- No experience required
- Age 8 or older recommended
- OK getting a little dusty
- Come with questions about anything Southwest!
Your driver is an expert on flora, fauna, human history, geology and geography, as well as an artful story-teller. The combination of deep information, travel amongst geological wonders, breathtaking landscapes, and our 2011 Mitsubishi Fuso, make this event fun for almost any age. We work with many families, couples, photographers, and international groups as Overland clients.
Driving in our Overland vehicle is an experience of its own, regardless of the terrain. Big, bright yellow and white, and monsterously outfitted for any terrain. Your viewing deck is mounted 4 feet from the ground and open to the fresh air and views. Each of the 13 passenger seats offers great views. Our drivers offer generous interpretation which is easy to hear with our custom two-way noise-cancelling stereo headset system... No one has to yell or wait for the right time to ask questions; you can talk as you would at the dinner table.
As defined in our Overland Principles, we are commited to a low-impact, Leave No Trace experience. We obide by all backcountry regualtions, staying on existing developed roadways or pioneer double-track Jeep trails. We do not allow rock or other resource collecting.
Meet one of our Overland Guides, to see what sort of company you'll keep on an Overland Tour!
Though you are traveling in a vehicle, it is 80% open to the elements. In Spring and Fall, please bring warm clothing, such as fleece jackets. We cancel/reschedule tours if it is raining at departure time, but occasionally we unexpectedly run into storms, so bring rain gear. Jeep roads are dusty, so be prepared to come home a little dirtier than you left. Any time of year, be sure to have a wind jacket, sunscreen, shade hat, sun glasses, binoculars, drink, snack, and camera. There are no bathrooms along the way, but if needed, we can make a wilderness pit-stop, and provide Wag® Bags so you can carry out your human waste. Smoking and alcohol consumption are prohibited during the tour.
We provide headsets for two-way communication between passengers and the driver, and recommend you bring:
- Rain or wind jacket & warm layers
- 2 quarts/liters of water/person + snacks for the evening
- walking footwear, such as sneakers, running shoes, or hiking-worthy sandals
• 7 days/week, March through October
• Departure times vary, so note the appropriate departure time based on the following seasonal departure schedule:
|April||9 a.m. & 4 p.m.|
|May||9 a.m. & 4:30 p.m.|
|June through August||9 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|September||9 a.m. & 4:30 p.m.|
|October||9 a.m. & 4 p.m.|
• December thru February: Due to low seasonal demand, Overland trips are available by request only. Please contact us to arrange a time and make a reservation. 3 person minimum.
|Youth 12 years old or younger||$45.00 pp|
|Group Discount||8 or more booked together||10%|
|Private Half-Day Trip||Up to 13 people. 3-4 hours.|| $495.00 total
|Private Full-Day Trip
||Up to 13 people. 6-8 hours.||$900.00 total|
• All trips subject to 7.55% sales tax
• Private Trip pricing ensures that no other guests will be adding onto your trip.*** Add a professional photographer for $89 (half-days) or $149 (full days).
Zion Adventure Company maintains annual permits for Color Country BLM, Dixie National Forest, and Zion National Park.