High Adventure Days incorporate our introductory canyoneering curriculum within a highly active, non-stop itinerary. You get a great deal of practice with the following skills:
- Rappelling and belaying
- Down-climbing, stemming, and spotting
- Footwork and balance management
- Floating disconnects
- Swimming with drysuits and heavy packs
- Rope organization and management
- "Leave No Trace" practices
Can provide some of the necessary skills needed to descend the following canyons in Zion:
- The "Subway"
- Keyhole Canyon
- Orderville Canyon
If you seek to gain qualifications as a self-guided canyoneer through this course or desire to attempt more difficult descents than those suggested above, check out Half-Day Basic, One-Day Basic, or Three-Day Basic.
All trips leave from Zion Adventure Company at 36 Lion Blvd., across from the Quality Inn.
• Early reservations advised. Dates tend to book 30 to 45 days out, June through August. Check your calendar and book early.
• 7 days/week, March through November
• 7:00 am (Mountain Daylight Time) departure; trips return between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
• Available as single or multi-day itineraries
A Private Trip Supplement ($45/person, waived for groups of 5 or more) guarantees no one else will be joining your group.
|One on One||$479.00|
|Two or More||$249.00 per person|
|Group Discount||8 or more||10%|
Zion Adventure Company maintains annual permits for Color Country BLM, Dixie National Forest, and Zion National Park.