Our intensive curricular courses, Three-Day Basic through Advanced, employ our very best instructors, skilled at not only very technical, remote canyoneering, but also at teaching anyone to be an amazing canyoneer. The Advanced class is a prime opportunity to be your best, while learning from the best.
The Rescue curriculum we introduce in our Advanced class adds the link to success many skip in their tenure, mostly due to their lack of seasoning, or assumption that "nothing has gone wrong, thus nothing will go wrong." We know the longer you are in the canyons, the closer you are to an event demanding you to use all your ability and skill to get you through.
Advanced curricula focus on establishing a specific skills set and applying that skill set to selected canyon problems. The expertise we bring to you is in the nature of the "problems" we create and the style with which we facilitate your learning curve as you identify, break down, and solve these technical, time-sensitive problems. In this course, we concentrate on helping you ask the right questions, rather than offering lots of answers. Armed with a few good questions and a powerful set of skills, we believe you will be ready to manage a tremendous scope of canyon situations.
We can provide all the necessary technical gear, but recommend you have your own rappel device, helmet, harness, safety tether, and respective locking carabiners. The main emphasis of this course is to accomplish the most with the least.
Each day of class, please bring:
- 2 quarts of water/person & food/snacks
- Sunscreen and sun hat
- Warm, synthetic clothing
- Waterproof camera
- Closed-toe shoes
• Meet for morning instruction at Zion Adventure Company at 36 Lion Blvd., across from the Quality Inn.
• 7 days/week, year-round
• Class begins at 7:00 am (Mountain Daylight Time)
|One on One||Not Applicable|
|Two or More||Two-Day Course||$495.00 per person|
|Group Discount||Not Applicable|
• Early reservations advised. Dates tend to book 30 to 45 days out, June through August. Check your calendar and book early.
• A Private Trip Supplement ($45/person, waived for groups of 5 or more) guarantees no one else will be joining your group.
• All trips subject to 7.55% sales tax
Zion Adventure Company maintains annual permits for Color Country BLM, Dixie National Forest, and Zion National Park.